His Sweet WORDS

>> Friday, March 15, 2013

Senior Play Fort Payne High School, 1974 (I'm second from the left)

“Let my teaching drop as the rain, my speech distill as dew, as the droplets on the fresh grass and as the showers on the tender herb.” (Deut. 32:2 - Song of Moses)

       How thrilling to have the opportunity to return to my hometown of Fort Payne, Alabama tomorrow to teach at a Christian women’s retreat. I’m asking the Holy Spirit, by His mighty power, to enable me to “extract the precious from the worthless so that I will be God’s spokesman” (Jer. 15:19) and to set ablaze a fire for Jesus in the hearts of those dearly beloved women of God.
       In the Old Testament, the prophet Jeremiah once prayed, “O Lord, Your WORDS were found and I ate them, and Your WORDS became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; for I have been called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts (Jer. 15:16).
       “By faith, we understand that the worlds were framed by the WORD of God (Heb. 11:3).”
       “Your WORD has given me life” (Psa. 119:50).
       “Your WORD I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You” (Psa. 119:11).
       “The law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of coins of gold and silver” (Psa. 119:72).
       “How sweet are Your WORDS to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!” (Psa. 119:103).

       Have you consumed a generous portion of God’s sweet WORD today?

       “The angel of the Lord came…and said, ‘Arise, eat, because the journey is too great for you!” (1 Kings 19:7)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP