Defend Yourself!

>> Friday, March 8, 2013

View from my window.


“A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power! Put on all God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.” (Eph. 6:10-11 NLT)


            While sitting in my rocker this morning by our bedroom window (my daily meeting place with God), I heard Canadian geese honking and turned to watch the flying “V” cross the water behind our house.
Ah – a new day. Lord, Your compassions never fail, they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness (Lam. 3:22b-23).
            Although yesterday’s writing on a new storybook was a bit discouraging, I’m eager to hit the keys of the computer again today because God has said, “You will be able to tell wonderful stories to your children and grandchildren about the marvelous things I am doing “ (Ex. 10:2 NLT), and I fervently believe that “faithful is He who calls you, and He will bring it to pass” (1 Thess. 5:24).
            Blessed be the Lord, my Rock, who is training my hands for war (Ps. 144:1) against the fiery dart of discouragement thrown by my enemy. Praise God that His Shield of Faith will extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one (Eph. 6:16)! I firmly trust that He is…
            “Able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think.” (Eph. 3:20)
            “Able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.” (2 Cor. 9:8)
            “Able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Jesus, since He always lives to make intercession for them.” (Heb. 7:25)
            “Able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy!” (Jude 24)
             Beloved children of God, defend yourselves! Raise God’s Shield of Faith, for we know Whom we have believed and are persuaded that He is able to keep what we’ve committed to Him until that Day (2 Tiim. 1:12).

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP