Is this, Jill?

>> Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My precious, little friend, Lauren


"The voice of the Lord is powerful, the voice of the Lord is majestic...and in His temple everything says, 'Glory!'"  
(Psalm 29:4,9b)



       One of our favorite restaurants in the whole world is Old Town Grille in Childersburg, Alabama. They have the best hot wings ever! And one of our favorite waitresses in the whole world is Lauren.
       A few days ago, when I called in a to-go order, the sweet voice on the other end of the line (now that shows my age! should I say the other end of the cell tower?) said, "Is this, Jill?"
      How did she know it was me? She knew because, beyond our server/customer relationship, we're friends. And because we talk a lot, my friend knows my voice.

     Jesus said, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand" (John 10:27-28). "And I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you" (John 15:15b).
     
Spend time with your Friend, Jesus, everyday and learn to know His voice!


Snippet from soon-to-be-released Secrets of Shiloh:

“Rachel, I’ve shared many things with you over the years, but I regret that I’ve failed to share the most valuable part of my life – my relationship with God. Tough, old birds from my generation keep our faith to ourselves, and that’s not good. Well, I want to change that today...I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He died in my place to take the punishment for my many sins. I’ve gotten to know Him over the years the same way you get to know anybody – by spending time together. Everyday, I hear His voice through the Bible, and I talk to Him through prayer.”  


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP