Keep Listening!

>> Monday, July 22, 2013

Illustration by Donny Finley from
my soon-to-be-released storybook:
 Secrets of Shiloh



"...your eyes will behold your Teacher. Your ears will hear a word behind you saying, 'This is the way, walk in it...'" (Isa. 30:20-21)


       After joining Church of the Highlands, I believe the Lord told me that He would soon do something new. Later, during a season of prayer and fasting, I believe He showed me a compass with 12 pointers in all directions. Since I'm a Bible teacher, in my finite thinking, I wondered if God planned for me to teach 12 Bible studies! Now that would be new! 
      WRONG! Instead, God opened a new door for writing storybooks and this blog, and He continues to open doors in all directions for these stories to go. 
     In Gen. 22:2, God told Abraham, "Take now your son, your only son, whom you love, Isaac, and go to the land of Moriah and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I will tell you." However, in Gen. 22:11-12, an angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, "Abraham, Abraham! Do NOT stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me!"
    The wisdom of Abraham's story and mine? - when God speaks, NEVER ASSUME, KEEP LISTENING, TRUST Him, and OBEY!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP