In His Time

>> Monday, July 1, 2013


My Marine in the desert, 2009


        “...My words…will be fulfilled in their proper time.”  (Luke 1:20)

            Through Scripture in 2007, I believed the Lord told me that my son would go to the desert and would return safely from “the land of the enemy”.  Two years later, he deployed to Iraq. I was asked many times if I were afraid for my child; to which I could truthfully answer, “No, I'm not afraid because I believe God has promised he will come home.”
And he did, just as the Lord had said.

         Are you awaiting the fulfillment of a promise from God?

The Lord is sure to accomplish those things
A loving heart has waited long to see;
Those words will be fulfilled to which she clings,
Because her God has promised faithfully;
And, knowing Him, she ne’er can doubt His Word;
He speaks and it is done. The mighty Lord!
The Lord is sure to accomplish those things,
O burdened heart, rest ever in His care;
In quietness beneath His shadowing wings
Await the answer to your longing prayer.
~ by  Bessie Porter ~

“And blessed is she who believed that there would a fulfillment of what had been spoken to her by the Lord.” (Luke 1:45)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP