The Rain, Rain, Rain came Down, Down, Down

>> Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My precious granddaughter in the rain

"For just as rain and snow fall from heaven and do not return there without saturating the earth and making it germinate and sprout, and providing seed to sow and food to eat, so My word that comes from My mouth will not return to Me empty, but it will accomplish what I please and will prosper in what I send it to do." (Isa. 55:10-11 HCS)


       Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain! This morning, I found myself singing, "The rain rain rain came down down down in rushing, rising rivlets" from Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day. The wettest Alabama summer that I can ever remember has made every tree, herb, and lawn as green, green, green, green, green as a rain forest! 
       For just as the water-saturated earth yields abundant vegetation, so a life saturated with the word of God yields abundant fruit of the Holy Spirit: love, joy, peace,  patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, and self-control.
      Today and every day, saturate your mind, heart, and spirit with God's Word and "you will go out with joy and be led forth with peace. The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands" (Isa. 55:12 NASB). 



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP