Happy Birthday, Dan'l!!

>> Friday, November 15, 2013

Dan's senior portrait, 2004

"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, by loving the Lord your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him for this is your life and the length of your days, that you may live in the land which the Lord swore to you fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them. " (Deut. 30:19-20)

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!" (Phil. 4:13)

Happy birthday, Dan! 
         I shall never fail to think of you whenever I hear or read Philippians 4:13 or Deuteronomy 30:19-20, because they are your life verses. I praise God from whom all blessings flow that you chose LIFE through faith in Jesus Christ.
        Years ago, a young lady in one of my Bible studies prayed that God would make you such a godly man that it would totally blow my mind. God is answering that prayer before my eyes, and my mind is blown away by your fear of the Lord, your obedience to God, your increasing hunger for His Word, your integrity, and your godly wisdom. It makes a mama proud!
         Today and in the days to come, may the Lord make you the head and not the tail! May He bless the work of your hands and give you the strength of a lion, the speed of a cheetah, the wisdom of Solomon, and the discernment of Daniel. May no weapon formed against you prosper either spiritually, physically, or mentally! May the Lord be your faithful shield of protection and the sword you boast in! May your enemies cringe before you, and may you tread upon their backs. May you bind mercy and truth about your neck and find favor and good understanding in the eyes of God and man.  And finally, may the Lord anoint you with His great power through the Holy Spirit to complete the work He has set before you for His glory!
        In Jesus' name! Amen and amen! So be it!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP