HOPE for the Holidays: Day 3

>> Monday, November 25, 2013

My mother, Verna Watson, around 1943






"Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? HOPE in God, for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His presence!" 
(Psalm 42:5)










Story of HOPE:

(I've told this story before, but as I prayed for you this morning, I sensed the Lord saying, "Jill, someone needs to hear this story again." Is it you?)

         Several years ago, my mother lay in a hospital bed very sick with cancer that had metastasized to her bones. One night, I dreamed the Lord said, "Jill, I'll open a window of time for your mother to feel good for a while, and then the end will come quickly." I feared that dream was only wishful thinking when the doctors told us it was time to call in hospice. My mother, on the other hand, assured me, "Jill, it's not time to call hospice. I'm going to get better, go home, and mow my yard on my Dixon lawnmower!" (Mother LOVED her lawnmower and working in her beautiful yard.)
        Well...two years later, here we are celebrating Mother's 80th birthday:
L-R - Mama, me, my Ben, niece Virginia, my brother Mark, and niece Alyson
Mother would continue to work in her yard until the Lord Jesus took her home to His heavenly gardens - five and a half years after the doctors told us to call hospice.

My mother and her dog, Tuck, at her lovely mountain home

O Father God, please help my readers HOPE in You; because regardless of dreadful circumstances, there is always HOPE in the name of Jesus!

"...those who HOPE in Me will not be disappointed!" (Isa. 49:23b)

2 comments:

Unknown November 26, 2013 at 6:45 AM  

This was for us today. As I read this aloud to Mike, I knew this was ours for today. We have a trying day ahead. Looking at the pictures of your sweet momma and her mountain home, Mike said he remember going there with Phil when he was a child. I am glad I had the priviledge of meeting and spending time with your momma on Christmas one year at the Glassco's. She truely had such a sweet spirit. I love all the pictures you post with the stories. What an amazing woman of God, your precious momma and you her daughter, Jill!.

Miss Jill November 29, 2013 at 1:26 PM  

I'm so thankful the Lord encouraged you in your time of need. We love you and are praying for you! Jill

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP