Signed, Sealed, Delivered!

>> Thursday, November 14, 2013

L-R my brother, Mark, me, Phillip and all our kids, early 1990s
(Dan's wearing the green T-shirt and making the goofy face)

"The Lord hears His people when they cry for help. He delivers them from all their troubles!" 
(Psalm 34:17)


       Of my three children, Dan is the one who asks for and does my Bible studies. That may seem small to you; but to me, it's GARGANTUAN! 
          Around the time of this picture, while talking about some sweet kids at our church, I commented, "I wonder what they'll be like as teenagers", to which Dan replied, "You just never know! They can be sweet as anything as kids, but when they get to be teenagers...you just never know!"
          Dan's words would prove to be a self-fulfilled prophecy. As a teenager, he moved far away from God. But praise be to the Lord-who-hears-parents-desperate-cries-and-prayers, Jesus jerked that boy out of the pit of destruction, set him back on the Rock, and put a new song of respect for and obedience to his God in that repentant heart!

        O mothers and fathers of prodigals, I urge you to keep loving him/her unconditionally, keep speaking God's truth, and keep praying without ceasing to the One who is able to deliver His own from ALL their troubles!

"So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up!" (Gal. 6:9)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP