Raise 'em Up God's Way

>> Friday, May 30, 2014

Our Ben's baby dedication: Mother's Day, May 8, 1983
(Middle family: me holding baby Ben and Phillip holding Rebecca)


"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it." (Prov. 22:6)


            In the 1980s, First Baptist Bogalusa, Louisiana was our church home where baby dedication was celebrated only one time each year: Mother's Day. Since our Benjamin Phillip Glassco debuted May 3rd, the Tuesday before Mother's Day, we publicly dedicated him to Jesus at 5 days old (the only family who had participated in baby dedication two years in a row).

        Bar none, hands down, without exception, the most important thing a parent will ever teach a child is the way of eternal life by faith in God's Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. When's the last time you talked to your children about God?

O Jesus, please use The Schoolhouse, Secrets of Shiloh, Hoot Owl Hollow, and other stories You will give me to help bring my grandchildren and multitudes of other children up Your way and for Your glory! Amen and amen. 

From soon-to-be-released Hoot Owl Hollow:

           Every evening, Nonie had supper waiting for Andi when she got home from work, and every Sunday morning, the old woman urged the girl to come with her to worship services at Bethany Primitive Baptist Church.
           “Thank you, Miss Nonie,” Andi said, “but not today. I think I’ll just stay home and rest. It’s my only day off you know.”
            “I know, but I promise thangs’ll go a whole lot better if ya spend the first day uv the week a restin’ in the house of the Lord,” Nonie said.
She patted Andi’s hand and then climbed into the old chevy. “Honey, you jest chew on what I said fer a spell, and ya might jest come to agree I’m right.”
            “Yes, ma’me,” Andi said. 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP