Practice What You Preach

>> Thursday, October 16, 2014

Poison Arrow Frog, Shedd Aquarium
(photo by my Rebecca)



"There are four small creatures, wisest of the wise they are." (Prov. 30:24)


        Yesterday, my Bible study friends and I studied WISDOM by way of four tiny creatures described in Proverbs 30:24-28:

The ant - frail, but by 
planning and preparations,
has plenty of food for the winter.

The marmot - vulnerable, but by
strategy and diligence
makes an impenatrable fortress in the rocks.

The locust - has no king, but by
organization and following lines of authority,
can strip a field like an army regiment.

The lizard - easy to catch, but by
resourcefulness and exercising God-given abilities,
sneaks by guards into palaces.


         Today, with an out-of-town funeral tomorrow and friends and family coming for the weekend, I have the opportunity to practice what I preached: plan, prepare, strategize, diligently organize, follow my lines of authority, be resourceful, and exercise the abilities God's given me, and by God's wisdom and grace, my to-do list will be accomplished for His glory!

What's on your plate? Look to God's tiny, wise creatures and accomplish much!




0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP