Pray for Steven

>> Monday, October 6, 2014

My Phillip and me, off to the honeymoon, Sept. 10, 1977
Children from top L-R:
nephew Michael, Chris Long, nephew Steven (hand on hip, navy blue jacket),
and my cousin Bryan





"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help
 in times of trouble." Psalm 46:1




        Steven was 4 when I started dating "Uncle Phil". He was the cutest little fellow you've ever seen and quite the conversationalist.

         Today, Steven's critically ill and experiencing unthinkable pain and suffering. In our humanness, it's hard not to wonder, "Where are You, God?"

        Years ago, Phillip and I were up to our eyeballs in financial "misfortune", which in reality was nothing compared to Steven's illness. One dreary, cloudy day, I looked out a window and asked, "Lord, where are you?"
 
           At that very moment, the clouds parted, a ray of sunshine hit me full in the face; and then as quickly as light had come, the clouds closed, and the sun was gone again.

            In my spirit, I heard the Lord say, "Jill, I'm here; you just can't see me for troubles' clouds. But as certain as you know the sun is still in the heavens, know that I am with you all the time."

              Jesus warned, "I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. You will suffer in this world. Be courageous! I have overcome the world" (John 16:33) and "I will never leave you, nor forsake you" (Heb. 13:5b).

Please pray for our Steven today. Thank you.


I need Thee every  hour, most precious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.

I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee,
O bless me now, my Savior, I come to Thee.

I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain.
I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee,
O bless me now, my Savior, I come to Thee.1


1 I NEED THEE EVERY HOUR. Annie S. Hawks, 1835-1918.





0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP