Prone to Wander

>> Monday, October 13, 2014

The grands and lego Darth Vader of the "Dark Side"
Chicago, Illinois


"So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. the trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin. I don't really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do what I hate...Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 7:14, 24-25 NLT)         




       What a grand trip to Chicago with the grands last week - grand weather, grand fun, and grand memories. In our hustle and bustle schedule, however, I failed to make daily time for Jesus and  quickly wandered toward "the dark side" in thought, word, and deed. 



O to grace how great a debtor 

DAILY I'm constrained to be!
Let Thy grace, Lord, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.

Prone to wander, Lord I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, O take and seal it;
Seal it for Thy courts above.1

Lord, I need You every day, hour, and minute! 

Have you and Jesus visited today?

1 COME, THOU FOUNT OF EVERY BLESSING. Words, Robert Robinson, 1758. 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP