Home Sweet Home

>> Friday, November 21, 2014

The old home-place, Fort Payne, Alabama
Built in 1952



Jesus said, "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in Me. There is more than enough room in My Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with Me where I am...I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through Me." (John 14:1-6)


          Many scrumptious Thanksgiving dinners were enjoyed in my rustic, childhood home atop Lookout Mountain. One year, while mother slaved in the kitchen preparing the evening feast, some out-of-town relatives "surprised" her for lunch. From sunup to far beyond sundown, my sweet mother worked and worked and worked in her little kitchen. With the last dish finally washed and put away, she sat down by the roaring fire; but before she could rest her weary feet, I said, "Mama, will you pop us some popcorn?"

          The Lord Jesus promised God's children that He is at work preparing a never-ending home for us. As Audio Adrenaline sang,

It's a big, big house
With lots and lots of room
A big, big table
With lots and lots of food
A big, big yard
Where we can play football (maybe?)
A big, big house
It's my Father's house.

However, the Father's big, big house has only one door, and His name is Jesus.

Jesus said, "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, He will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture...I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly!" (John 10:9-10)

Have you found Jesus - the Door to God's big, big house?




           

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP