Only His Love Satisfies

>> Monday, November 10, 2014

The beautiful, Saturday morning at the farm



For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed." (Romans 10:11)



           Saturday morning, I lined danced with sunshine, autumn skies as blue as robin eggs, and great expectations all the way to the book signing. 


  • When only a few kind people trickled through the bookstore, I felt a bit disappointed; SO I decided to stop by to see babygrand on the way back to the farm.
  • When babygrand saw me, instead of smiles and giggles, his chubby, little face puckered up like a prune, and he began to cry. SO, feeling a tidbit more disappointed, I decided to turned on the radio as I drove back to the farm and listen to my Auburn tigers tromp over those Texas A&M aggies!
  • Well, Auburn LOST. SO I decided to help myself to a nice-sized piece of disappointment pie. 
  • Later that evening while packing to head back home from the farm, I broke my favorite necklace. SO, I decided to heap a big scoop of disappointment ice cream on top of my pitiful, disappointment pie. 
Thankfully, I finally realized that my "satisfaction-seeker" had been pointed in the wrong direction all day long! Duh! SO, I decided to turn that sucker around. My attention turned away from success, relationships, entertainment, and material possession and zeroed in on Jesus, my Lord and Savior. Ahhhhhhh, at last - peace, contentment, hope, and satisfaction.

Got disappointment? 
Look to Jesus and enjoy satisfaction all day long!

"My people will be satisfied with My goodness," declares the Lord. (Jeremiah 31:14)



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP