Landmarks Along the Way

>> Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Little River atop Lookout Mountain
(As teenagers, Phillip and I swam here on hot summer days in the 1970s.)



"Set up signposts;
Make landmarks;
Set your heart toward the highway,
The way in which you went..."
(Jer. 31:21)



           What a marvelous Tuesday with my friend, Mary, revisiting landmarks of our childhood. The beauty, blessings, and love of yesterday merit extraordinary words to paint an appropriate picture; but today, my God assignment takes me else where - off to N. Avondale Bible Study.

May the Lord bless you, my friends, with His beauty, blessings, and treasured love, and may these pictures speak a thousand words!


upper cascade of DeSoto Falls


DeSoto Falls


head of Little River Canyon
(In 1943, my parents honeymooned at the bluff cabin on the far right)

Howard's Chapel in DeSoto State Park
Fischer Elementary School
(My grandmother, Jessilee Nance, taught at this elementary school from the late 1950s to the early 1980s)

1 comments:

Rebecca Jill November 12, 2014 at 11:17 AM  

beautiful! I have memories in some of these places, too! love you!

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP