Beautiful Talking Feet

>> Tuesday, August 25, 2015

our  9-year old grandson



"How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring... the Good News of Christ" (Romans 10:15b-16)


Our nine-year-old grandson's creative writing teacher gave her students this prompt: "I bent over to tie my shoes and heard a voice." His cute, out-of-the-box story:

One day, I bought a pair of shoes for dancing class. When I got out of the store, I put my new shoes on; and when I started walking, I heard two voices under me. The voices were yelling, "Ouch!" I looked at my shoes. Then I jumped. I heard the voices again. I sat down and took off my shoes. Two pairs of eyes glared at me. Then the shoes continued arguing about who could make the funniest sound. I quickly put on my shoes and hurried home. Every step I took, the shoe on the right would bellow, "Moooo!" and the shoe on the left would screech, "Hello!" It was a little embarrassing because everybody was staring at me. Finally, I got home and sprinted to my room. I asked my silly shoes if they could help me dance for dancing class instead of making funny noises. They agreed, "Yes!" After dancing class, my teacher suggested that I was the best. I think I will keep these shoes forever!

In his letter to the Romans, Paul bellowed, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved! But how can they call on Him to save them unless they believe in Him? And how can they believe in Him if they have never heard about Him? And how can they hear about Him unless someone tells them...how beautiful are the feet of the messengers who bring good news." (Romans 10:13-15)

Beloved, let's put on our walking shoes and go tell the world the Good News of Jesus Christ!


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP