Feed My Sheep

>> Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Our grandboy and little lamb




Jesus said, "Then feed My sheep." (John 21:17b)



Last weekend, I met Heidi that lives on a farm in Indiana. She said, "It really humbles me that Jesus compared us to sheep. They're such dumb animals that can't take care of themselves and are always getting themselves into trouble."

On Jesus commanding Peter to feed His sheep, Oswald Chambers noted that Jesus has some extraordinarily peculiar sheep - unkempt and dirty, sometimes awkward or pushy, and some have gone astray. But it is impossible to exhaust God's love [for them], and it is impossible to exhaust my love [for unkempt, pushy, gone-astray people] if it flows from the Spirit of God within me. The love of God pays no attention to my prejudices caused by my natural individuality.1

Finding someone hard to love, beloved? Feed that "sheep" with God's love and truth through the Spirit of Jesus within you, and pay no attention to your petty prejudices.


1 MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST. Oswald Chambers. 1935.










0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP