Hand to Hand Combat

>> Wednesday, March 16, 2016

My 6th birthday, 1962
L-R - brother Rocky, friend Steve, brother Mark, and me



"Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But resist him, firm in your faith..." (1 Peter 5:8-9)


Because I was the only little girl in our neck of the woods, I tagged along with the boys and did what boys do - fist fights included. Brother Mark was my trainer and manager and even arranged a "match"  between a boy 3 years my senior and me. He stopped the fight, however, when I punched the poor guy in the belly and made him cry.


You may be surprised to know that at almost 60, I'm still fighting! Not with fists, but on my knees against an invisible but very real enemy - the devil and his diabolical cohorts.

For a short while, the devil is alive and actively seeking someone to destroy. Resist him in Jesus' name, beloved, and fight for your family!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP