Is It Right To Be Mad At God

>> Wednesday, September 21, 2016

From I Love Ruthie
Written and Illustrated by Phil A. Smouse




"...Things are far more bitter for me than for you, because the LORD Himself has raised His fist against me....the LORD has caused me to suffer and the Almighty has sent such tragedy upon me." (Ruth 1:13,21)



In studying the book of Ruth at Single 20s Women's Bible Study last night, we found Naomi bitter and blaming God for her troubles. I asked the girls, "Is it ever right to be mad at God?"

A young lady wisely answered, "It's not right, but it is human."

Anger towards God implies that He's made a mistake. God doesn't make mistakes. It's impossible. He's perfect. Thus anger is in the lap of fools (Eccl. 7:9) and does not produce the righteousness that God desires (James 1:20).

Feeling angry at God, beloved? Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. 

Draw close to the LORD, and seek Him with all your heart. 

You need Jesus. 

He is your help and hope! 

For Jesus Himself said, "Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world (John 16:33). I will never fail you. I will never abandon you" (Heb. 13:5). 



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP