Standing on His Promises

>> Thursday, September 22, 2016

Our Rebecca and Stephen





Standing on the promises that cannot fail,

When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God. 1




Recently, one of our little grandboys had repeatedly been having trouble falling asleep, which escalated to a meltdown of anxiety and tears. So I read him Psalm 4:8 and taped it to his bed: 


"In peace I will lie down and sleep, for You alone, O LORD, will keep me safe."

That night, the sweet, little guy fell asleep quickly. The next morning, he told his mom, "I knew God was with me, and I wasn't alone. He would keep me safe, and I went to sleep."

Personally, I'm standing on the promises of 1 Peter 5:10 these days:

"In His kindness God called you to share in His eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, He will restore, support, and strengthen you, and He will place you on a firm foundation."

What God-promise are you standing on, beloved?


1 STANDING ON THE PROMISES. Russell K. Carter, 1886.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP