Full Circle

>> Tuesday, October 4, 2016

First United Methodist Church, Fort Payne, AL
September 10, 1977 - my wedding day





"Thus says the LORD, 'Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is and walk in it; and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Jer. 6:16)



From birth day to wedding day, First United Methodist Fort Payne, Alabama was my church home, and Mary Igou was my best friend (the pretty, young lady pictured to my left - my maid of honor.) Tonight, I'm going back - traveling an old path to Mary's beautiful home atop Lookout Mountain near Fort Payne to meet with the Suzanna Wesley Women's Circle of the First United Methodist Church. 

Through the Old Testament prophet, Jeremiah, the LORD God beckoned His lost people to stop and return to the good way they once knew before wandering far away from Him. Sadly, they refused to listen and stubbornly walked into disaster.

Beloved, stop. Look around. Are you walking the narrow pathway with Jesus? No? Then get back on track and find rest for your soul!






0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP