Mountain Range, Mountain Road, and Busy Ants

>> Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Our 7-year-old grandboy
(photo by our Rebecca)




"Come, let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the LORD our maker, for He is our God. We are the people He watches over, the flock under His care. If only you would listen to His voice today!" (Psalm 95:6-7)


Most often, the LORD speaks through His word, but sometimes He's heard through His breathtaking creation. When I began the book-making journey five years ago, I heard the Lord say, "Spend time with me everyday and do what I tell you to do." 

Recently, His sweet voice came loud and clear through a mountain range, a mountain road, and busy ants. (Okay, so I guess God may speak to strange people in peculiar ways.)

Mountain Range: 
"Jill, I am your strength. I, alone, make you surefooted and able." (Hab. 3:19) "The Sovereign LORD is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread on the heights."

Mountain Road:
"Stay on the path, Jill, that I've given you to follow."
(Deut. 5:33) "Stay on the path that the LORD your God has commanded you to follow. Then you will live long and prosperous lives in the land you are about to enter and occupy."

Busy Ants:
"Work hard, Jill."
(Prov. 6:6-8) "Take a lesson from the ants. Learn from their ways and be wise! Though they have no...ruler to make them work, they work hard all summer, gathering food for the winter."

And the point of this peculiar story is? Listen for God's voice, and for confirmation, always compare what you hear with God's perfect, true word. He'll never contradict Himself. So, beloved, what's Jesus saying to you today?

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP