Just Happened

>> Thursday, October 5, 2017

Grandgirl and grandboy
Fort Morgan Beach, 2017




"So Ruth departed and went and gleaned in the field after the reapers; and she [just] happened to come to the portion of the field belonging to Boaz, who was of the family of Elimelech." (Ruth 2:3)


I'm keeping the keyboard hot writing Seabound, a new children's book about sea turtles, scheduled for release summer 2018 by Deep Sea Publishing. After using Share-the-Beach, the name of Alabama's volunteer sea turtle organization, in the manuscript, I figured I'd better get their permission. So I emailed. The group leader just happened to reply, "Call me when you can."

I did. Long story short, God connected me with a sea turtle expert, who wants to check my manuscript for sea-turtle-fact accuracy. How cool is that?

Long, long ago in the little town of Bethlehem, a young widow named Ruth gleaned barley fields to put food on her mother-in-law's table. She just happened to land in the field of Boaz, who just happened to be of the family Elimelech (Ruth's deceased father-in-law). As her kinsman-redeemer, Boaz married Ruth. Ruth and Boaz just happened to have a baby boy named Obed, who just happened to have a son named Jesse, who just happened to have a son named King David, who just happened to be a fore-father of Jesus Christ, Savior of the world!

Pay attention, beloved, to people you just happen to meet. God may be up to something incredible! 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP