To Russia With Love

>> Monday, October 16, 2017

a treasured gift in 1994





"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be My witnesses, telling people about  Me everywhere - in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." (Acts 1:8)


Dear Russia,

I don't know your name or the name of the city or town or village where you live. I do know, however, that over the five-year lifespan of this little blog spot, you, dear Russia, run second only to the United States of America in numbers of views. Thank you!

In 1994, my Phillip visited your "neck of the wood" (as we say in Alabama), and a lovely gentleman gave him a figurine from an otherwise bare cupboard - a gracious gift of hospitality that we humbly treasure.

Before writing a post, I ask the Lord Jesus what He will speak to the nations. Today, I believe He said, "Tell Russia that I love her. Tell Russia that I came to earth for her men, women, and children, died on a cross in their place for their sins, and rose again. Tell them to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and receive God's free gift of eternal life."

And so I did.

Your friend in Christ,

Jill 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP