Stickers

>> Monday, October 2, 2017

Stickers with Granddaddy



"So we can say with confidence, 'The LORD is my helper...What can mere people do to me?'" (Hebrews 13:6)



Because my other books have earned top-star reviews with Readers' Favorite, I opened the new review of A Willowkins Christmas Story with great excitement and anticipation. (I'd already planned where the 5-star review sticker would go on the cover.)


Au contraire mon frère!

The reviewer chewed up, spit out, and branded my poor story with a frowny face. 

My sweet Phillip gently asked, "Are you okay?"

I stuck out my lip, pretended to pout, and whined like a first grader, "I didn't get a sticker."

This morning, I asked, "Lord, what do You say about the new book?"

Father God replied, "Jill, thanks be to Me. I give the victory through My Son, Jesus Christ. Therefore, My daughter, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in My work, know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." (1 Corinthians 15:57-58)

Discouraging voices got you down, beloved? Talk with God. Let His voice silence the cacophony of naysayers. 

Cordage of the cares of life twine
'Round about this heart of mine - 
Creep into my thoughts at night,
Invade my soul and choke it tight.

But when the voice of God above -
The One I trust, the One I love,
Rings louder than the clanging bells,
Then I'm at peace, my soul is well.

(by me)



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP