Bend, Stretch, and Strengthen

>> Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Our Rebecca and 12-year-old grandboy
Thanksgiving 5K Turkey Trot
(in 20-degree weather)





"Do not fret...Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness." (Psalm 37:1,3)



Saturday, when I leaned over and my back "caught," I quickly remembered the bend, stretch, and strengthen rule: 
  • bend the knees, NOT the back, 
  • stretch muscles, ligaments, and tendons daily, 
  • strengthen my core.
Monday, when I caught myself fretting over an upcoming event, the spiritual bend, stretch, and strengthen rule came to mind: 
  • bend (submit) to God's will and purpose, 
  • daily stretch my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ,
  • strengthen my trust in God. 
Caught in a fretful frenzy, beloved? Bend your knee to Jesus. Stretch your faith in Him, and strengthen trust in God.


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP