Crucible Faith

>> Thursday, November 30, 2017

Our Dan (back row, 2nd from left)
2009






"Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you; but to the degree that you share the suffering of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation." (1 Peter 4:12-13)


A story revisited:

The Crucible at US Marine Corp boot camp is a 54-hour, 9-mile hike with heavy backpacks and limited food and sleep to test the future Marine's physical and mental endurance. Before our Dan's Crucible, a team of faithful prayers fervently asked God for fair weather, and He answered with a hurricane. A few years later, when Dan hunkered down in the sand storms of middle eastern desert lands, I appreciated the mission and purpose of a hurricane.

This Christmas season is far from holly and jolly for multitudes in war-torn nations and hospital beds and prison cells and far from home and risking their very lives to follow the Savior. One such believer, our friend, wrote:

The smallest faith can move a mountain;
Cast it in the sea.
I'm glad I have my faith in God,
A mountain is on me.

With God all things are possible,
And I'm so glad that's true,
For what I need, it seems to me
No man will ever do.

You raise the dead, You part the sea,
Such wonders You have done;
The greatest wonder of them all,
The greatest Gift Your Son.

The smallest faith can move a mountain,
Cast it in the sea.
Please my God remove this mountain;
Father set me free!


O Lord, have mercy on the broken-hearted and down-trodden and please extend that mercy through me!


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP