Little Orphant Annie

>> Wednesday, November 15, 2017

L-R Uncle Claud, Aunt Sally, and my grandmother
1907?




"I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother, Lois, and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you." (2 Timothy 1:5)


She read. We listened.


Little Orphant Annie's come to our house to stay,
An' wash the cups and saucers up, an' brush the crumbs away,
An' shoo the chickens off the porch, an' dust the hearth, an' sweep,
An' make the fire, an' bake the bread, an' earn her board-an'-keep;
An' all us other childern, when the supper things is done,
We set around the kitchen fire an' has the mostest fun...


When they cleaned out Grandmother's house, I asked for the book with the James Whitcomb Riley poem: "Little Orphant Annie."


Grandmother's love of books and, more importantly, her love for Jesus imprinted the hearts of her grandchildren. 

O Lord, today I pray for my own grandchildren. Help them to love You, obey your voice, and hold fast to You. Teach them Your ways that they may walk in truth. Give them undivided minds to fear Your name. I pray they will follow and serve You all the days of their lives and live in Your house forever! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen and amen.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP