Selfless Love

>> Monday, February 18, 2013

Mama and me, 1978


        My mother was undoubtedly the most unselfish person I’ve ever known. Day in and day out, she considered others before herself. One Christmas, she asked my father for a small 22-rifle: not because she wanted a rifle but because she knew that he wanted one. Another time, I remember that her first words when she awoke from a serious surgery were: “Did you get anything to eat for lunch?”
       The greatest act of selfless love ever recorded in all the history of mankind is found in John 3:16:  “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”
       Furthermore, Scripture testifies of Jesus, the Son's, altruistic love in 
Phil. 2:6-8:
“Though He was God, He did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, He gave up His divine privileges; He took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When He appeared in human form, He humbled Himself in obedience to God and died…on a cross.”
       Father God so loved that He gave…
       The Lord Jesus so loved that He obeyed…
       Oh that we would do the same! 

Lord Jesus, today, please help me to consider others before myself!

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." (Spoken by Jesus Christ in John 14:15)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP