Speak, Lord!

>> Friday, February 1, 2013

Dan and me

       Spring of Dan’s junior year of high school, things were not going well, to say the least. In dismay, we watched our son live out God’s warning of 1 Cor. 15:33 that bad company corrupts good morals. I cried out to the Lord for help and He answered with this instruction, “Pray that I’ll make Dan lie down in green pastures” (Psalm 23:2).
       Although I didn’t know the Lord's plans, month after month I diligently prayed that assigned Scripture over my youngest child. The second week of Dan’s senior year, he called from school and asked if I would homeschool him. The Holy Spirit immediately spoke, “This is My green pasture.”
       Our homeschool curriculum that year included Bible class as an elective, so for five days a week for nine months, we consumed the nourishing Word of God.
Jesus truly is our Great Shepherd. He supplies our needs and guides us down good paths if we allow Him to lead and if we follow.
       I recently blogged that God had highlighted Isa. 54:2 for me to pray that He will enlarge, stretch out, not hold back, lengthen, and drive deep the spiritual tools He’s placed in my hands – Bible studies, books, the blog, and speaking opportunities – to impact people for His kingdom and bring Him glory.
       For a couple of years, I’ve taught a tiny women’s Bible study at the Foundry Community Center in Bessemer, AL. Yesterday, God enlarged that sprinkling to a downpour: thirty women showed up to study the Word of God!

“Call to Me and I will answer you, and tell you great

and mighty things, which you do not know!”
(Jeremiah 33:3)

“Get in the habit of saying, ‘Speak, Lord,’ and life will become a romance!” 
(Oswald Chambers)



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP