Moon River

>> Thursday, June 20, 2013

Last night's moon over the Coosa River


The sun comes up; 
it’s a new day dawning;
it’s time to sing Your song again.
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me,
let me be singing when the evening comes.1

            Yesterday after work, Phillip and I drove down to our Chancellor Ferry farm. He bush hogged the fields while I mowed the land along the riverbank. 
           We finished our chores just as the silver moon rose over the Coosa and sat for a while in the swing overlooking the lazy river. Katydids, hidden beneath the saw briars, crooned in harmony while bullfrogs croaked the cadence and rhyme. Fireflies blinked on and off, on and off, adding a glittery light show to our surround-sound moonbeam concerto.
            Let it be known to you this day, my friend, that the Almighty God who made rivers flow, crickets sing, and set that silver moon in the velvet night is able. Whatever may pass and whatever lies before you, have GREAT CONFIDENCE in Him!

"...being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised." (Rom. 4:21 NIV)

Bless the Lord, O my soul
O-o-o my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I worship Your holy name.1

110,000 REASONS, BLESS THE LORD, Matt Redman

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP