Paperclip Faith

>> Friday, June 7, 2013

A paperclip on a hot, asphalt parking lot.


“Life is like a paperclip, you have to bend yourself in circles to hold on to what you know.” 
~Laurie Beth Jones~


            My daughter texted: “What’s the meaning behind the paperclip?”
            Awww, she remembers, I thought.
            Years ago, there was a time when it seemed as though anywhere I went I found a paperclip on the ground, the sidewalk, a parking lot, the floor of the grocery store, the bank, the school, the church - EVERYWHERE! At supper one night, I asked my kids and husband, "Do y’all find paperclips everywhere you go???”
            They all looked at me as if I had four eyes and said, “It’s okay, Mama. Just eat something or drink some water. You’re probably just hungry, or dehydrated, or delirious, or maybe a little nuts!”
            A few weeks later, I was reading Laurie Beth Jones’ Jesus in Blue Jeans and ran across her quote: “Life is like a paperclip, you have to bend yourself in circles to hold on to what you know.”
            Ah-ha! I’m not crazy! There is meaning behind this madness!
“Lord, what’s up with the paperclips?” I asked.
“Break down the quote and look it up in My Book,” the Lord replied.

·      BEND: “But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, ‘God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.’  Submit (bend) therefore to God…”
(James 4:6-7)
·      HOLD ON- “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful!” 
(Heb. 10:23)
·      KNOW- “More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord...” 
(Phil. 3:8)

            So the next time you randomly find a paperclip (like the one I found today that is pictured above), join the “Paperclip-Faith Club" and heed God’s call to bend, hold fast, and know Him!   



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP