Your Jerusalem, Judea, and Samaria

>> Friday, June 21, 2013

Bessemer Community Center
Just before He ascended back to heaven, Jesus said, “You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth!” (Acts 1:8)


            During this month of June, I get to teach Bible stories to women and children at the Bessemer Community Center on Thursdays. Yesterday, to my surprise, the assistant director said, “Jill, you’re teaching everybody today” – fifty women, children, and men!
            So, in accordance with 1 Cor. 11:3 (look it up!), I asked permission from the men to serve them from the Word of God. They said yes and a good time was had by all!
Jesus’s command two thousand years ago for His disciples to be His witnesses is still our charge today. My Jerusalem is Birmingham, my Judea: Alabama, my Samaria: the United States and beyond to the very ends of the earth!
I urge you, my friend, go forth today, mighty witness, in your Jerusalem, Judea, and Samaria and share the life-giving love of our Lord Jesus the Christ: the promised Messiah, the Son of God! 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP