Can't Help Lovin' That Man!

>> Friday, February 14, 2014

My sweet honey and me, senior prom, 1974

                   "Fish got to swim and birds got to fly,
                         I got to love one man till I die,
                    Can't help lovin' that man of mine!" 1

          One warm, spring evening, many years ago, the Methodist youth group was playing whiffleball in the churchyard. A couple of Baptist boys crossed the street to "see what they could see." The strongest, tallest, and most handsome of the two saw me. Because I was barefooted, he picked me up in his arms and carried me across the parking lot so the gravel wouldn't hurt my feet. Ahhhhhhhh.......


September 10, 1977
                  Six years later, I became Mrs. Phillip Glassco.





  It's been almost forty-three years since that whiffleball game, and
   I'm holdin' my man tighter than ever!

                            Happy Valentine's Day, Superman!
                                              I love you!!!!!

"They will still yield fruit in old age; they shall be full of sap and very green, to declare that the Lord is upright; He is [their] Rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him!" (Psalm 92:14-15)



1 CAN'T HELP LOVIN' DAT MAN, WORDS: Oscar Hammerstein II; MUSIC: Jerome Kern, 1927.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP