Jehovah-Rophe: the Lord Heals!

>> Monday, February 10, 2014

Sunset on our farm
(Photo by my Ben)


"You faithfully answer our prayers with awesome deeds, O God our Savior. You are the hope of everyone on earth." (Psalm 65:5)

      On Friday, I came down with a yucky cold, but by Saturday - yes, the very next day - it was gone, vanished, virtually nonexistent. Hasta la vista sneezing, runny nose, and watery eyes!
      Thank You, thank You, Lord, for the shortest cold in the Guinness Book of World Records, but I'm curious as to why?
      Then it occurred to me, as I wait to know whether or not I have cancer, my precious family and an army of wonderful friends, are praying for my healing. I believe whole-heartedly that my cold got caught in the cross-fire between Almighty God and fervent prayers of beloved ones, and God healed it!
        On the other hand, almost twenty years ago, when our sweet son was diagnosed with epilepsy, we prayed fervently (still do) and church elders anointed him with oil according to James 5:14, but he still has epilepsy. So what's the deal?
       The true deal: God promised to heal all our diseases (Psalm 103:3), and Jesus bore our sicknesses in His body for our healing (Isaiah 53:4), and at some point, what God promised and Jesus paid for will come together - perhaps on earth but always in heaven (Rev. 21:4)! 

O Sovereign Lord! You made the heavens and earth by Your strong hand and powerful arm! Nothing is too hard for you! (Jer. 32:17)

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for healing! We trust the whens and wheres to Your unfailing love.

       

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP