Love Notes

>> Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Worship service "notes" by my Dan, age 8, 1993

Worship Service notes, by my 8-year-old grandson, 2014


"I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children." (Matt 11:25)

        A treasure I'll keep in my Bible forever is a sketch of Jesus on the cross and John the "Badist" that my Dan drew during a morning worship service as an eight-year-old. Recently, I placed a second "love note" between the pages of my Bible - a sermon outline penned by my eight-year-old grandson during a service at Church of the HighlandsThrough my babes, God reminded me of two simple, yet profound, truths: 
1. He loves me!
2. [So, I can] face my fears!

"So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn't hesitate to put everything on the line for us...is there anything else He wouldn't gladly do for us...The One who died for us - who was raised to life for us - is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us. Do you think anyone is going to drive a wedge between us and Christ's love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed...None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I'm absolutely convinced that nothing - nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable - absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love." (Romans 8:31-30, The Message)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP