Zeal without Wisdom

>> Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My dear Bible Study friend, "Bee"

"[Sisters], my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge." (Romans. 10:1-2)

          I love, love, love studying the Bible with my beloved sisters in Christ! This semester, we are investigating Paul's 13 letters in the New Testament. 
          Today, our wise friend, Miss Evelyn, shared, "When I was first save, I had a passion for God, but was running around everywhere and trying to do everything without taking time to sit still before the Lord. I had a zeal without wisdom. The Lord had to train me to come into His Presence, hear His voice, and then go forth in His assigned works."
          Wise words from a wise woman!

"But each man must be careful how he builds...for no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, Jesus Christ. Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each man's work will become evident; for the [Judgement] day will show it because it is to be revealed by fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work. If any man's work...remains, he will receive a reward. If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet through fire." (1 Cor. 3:10b-15)

          Look at your schedule this week. Test the quality of your activities. Are your works God glorifying gold, silver, precious stones or self-serving wood, hay, straw?         

          

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP