Time with the Family

>> Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My baby holding her baby, 2011


Jesus prayed, "Father, I want these whom You have given Me to be with Me where I am. Then they will see all the glory You gave Me because You loved Me even before the world began!" (John 17:24)

         A few nights ago while Rebecca bathed her 4-year-old, he said, "Mommy, I wike you! I wike the way you smell. I wike your face. I wike your clothes. I wike eeeeeeverything about you!" That sweet boy loves to be with his mama!
         At the crossroads between Jesus's earthly ministry and His journey to the cross in John chapter 17, our Lord prayed that His family (us) would be with Him.
          Initially, I thought, in heaven where we shall always be with the Lord (1 Thess. 4:17). Hallelujah! But, in reality, we can be with Jesus now, spending time in His Presence everyday -communing with Him through prayer and His Word. 
          First Timothy 4:8 says that physical training is good, but training in godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come. So, I've adopted the 4/1 workout program: training spiritually 4 times longer than physically. Every morning, I soak in God's presence for an hour and then exercise my body for 15 minutes.

         O Christian, the Lord Jesus wants to be with you. The abundant life He promised in John 10:10 is found in time with Him!
         


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP