Casting Off Restraint

>> Friday, April 25, 2014

Jesus, Phillip, and me, September 10, 1977
"A cord of three strand is not quickly torn apart." (Eccl 4:12)

"I shall give thanks to You, for You have answered me, and You have become my salvation. [Jesus], the stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone. This is the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day which the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!" (Psalm 118:21-14)

       One of the sweet radiation therapist at Kirklin Clinic and I attend the same church. When Beth's on duty during my treatments, she always plays Christian praise music for me over the sound system. Yesterday, because I can't move during radiation, I seriously had to restrain myself from lifting hands in worship to Jesus as this song played:

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly trust in Jesus' name.

Christ alone; cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Savior's love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all!!!

When darkness seems to hide His face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and  stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.


Christ alone; cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Savior's love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all!!!1

O Christian, cast off all restraint and lift your hands in praise to Jesus now!

"You are my God, and I give thanks to You; You are my God, and I extol You! Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting!" (Psalm 118:28-29)



1 Hillsong United's "Cornerstone"


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP