Merrily We Roll Along!

>> Wednesday, April 9, 2014

(my grandkids' family portrait - lego medium)



"A merry heart does good, like a medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones." (Prov. 17:22)

          As my dear mother used to say, "Life  is  fascinating!" You just never know what surprises may be waiting around the bend! 
          At the radiation center yesterday, to my astonishment, I was stripped down and pressed into a hot, marshmallow bed. Next, a guy on one side and a gal on the other played "tic-tac-toe" on my chest with permanent, black markers and then, if you can believe it, began snapping pictures of their human "game-board"!!! 
          Every ounce of me wanted to be pitiful! But when the Holy Spirit showed me the humor in the cockeyed situation, I laughed out loud, "You're not gonna put those photos on FaceBook, are you?"

          Some tragedy allows for no laughter, but many tribulations offer a choice between tears and joy. May I encourage you, dear one, to always search for the sunny-side of life? A merry heart truly works wonders on the soul.

Exert from my storybook-in-the-making, Hoot Owl Hollow:


Nonie laughed. “Well, first uv all, it ain’t my strength, child; it’s the Lord’s strength in me. And second uv all, ‘tis the set of the sails, and not the gales, that tell us the way to go’,” Nonie answered.

“That’s beautiful, Miss Nonie!” Andi marveled. “Did you make that up?”

Nonie grinned, “Naw. Ella Wheeler Wilcox, an American author and poet, wrote them purdy words. Life comes in seasons, Andi, and some seasons are awful hard. Ain’t nothing’ you kin do ‘bout that, but yer attitude in the midst of the pain is yer choice. The secret is to stay saddled up close to Jesus ever’day. Talk to Him and listen to what He’s got to say by stayin’ under His Word and a goin’ to His church. Then, even when ya got troubles; them troubles ain’t got you! Have ya ever heared of a feller named Jehoshaphat?”



        

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP