Happy As a Doormat

>> Thursday, June 19, 2014


My grandson and little friend
(Isn't he adorable! And the lamb's cute, too.)



Jesus said, "... do you love Me?... Tend My sheep" (John 21:16)


          At church, years ago, I got mad at some little, old ladies who were being unkind to some precious, little kids from a homeless shelter. I was "just a-fuming" as I ran through the rain to get something I'd left in my car, and my feet slipped out from under me. When I landed kersplat - right in the middle of a mud puddle, the Lord spoke to me, "Jill, I didn't send you to this church to be mad at those women. I sent you here to love those children and to love those little, old ladies, too."
         "Yes, Sir," I answered sheepishly. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

         In My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers said:

"If I love Jesus Christ personally and passionately, I can serve humanity, even though people may treat me like a "doormat." The secret of a disciple's life is devotion to Jesus Christ, and the characteristic of that life is its seeming insignificance, and its meekness. Yet it is like a grain of wheat that falls into the ground and dies - it will spring up and change the entire landscape."

"We love, because He first loved us. If someone says, 'I love God,' and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also." (1 John 4:19-21)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP