Pay Attention! Pay Attention!

>> Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Watson (my maiden name) kids and grandkids, 1990s



Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

           In the gospels, whenever Jesus had something important to say, He often prefaced it with "verily, verily" or "truly, truly" - in other words, "pay attention, pay attention."

            In last Sunday's message, the pastor taught from James 3:4-12 on the power of the tongue. In my devotional readings today, I  I read: Psalm 19:14 - "Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer" and Matt. 7:1 - "Do not judge so that you will not be judged." Needless to say, I heard the Holy Spirit loud and clear: "Jill, pay attention, pay attention to the words that proceed from your mouth!"

          What have you heard more than once this week? O child of God pay attention, pay attention! 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP