Sour Face

>> Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Grandkids interpretation of "sour face"






"Let there be no more resentment, no more anger or temper, no more violent self-assertiveness, no more slander and no more malicious remarks. Be kind to each other; be understanding. Be as ready to forgive others as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you." (Eph. 3:30-31)


           At a restaurant yesterday, I saw a sour-faced woman demand to speak to the manager because the waiter had forgotten the to-go box she'd requested. It reminded me of a great line from the Erwin brothers' hilarious movie: "Mom's Night Out" when the restaurant hostess told the irate, young mother, "You're angry, and it's doing something ugly to your face."
           Witnessing that nasty behavior prompted me to pray: "O Lord, please help me to never be frustrated with anyone ever again in my whole life!" 
            But....
                            less than 24-hours later, 
      when a guy cut me off in traffic on hwy 280, 
                                             without blinking an eye,
                     I spouted, 
"You're being a jerk!"

          I'm so sorry, Lord. Without you, I can to nothing, but through You in me please let no more malicious remarks spew from my lips!

         So, dear friends, the moral of this story is: be kind to each other and understanding. It does something beautiful to your face!


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP