Homecoming Date

>> Friday, June 6, 2014

My daddy, my mother, and me, Sept. 10, 1977
(William Winfred Watson, Dec. 23, 1921 - June 5, 1994)
(Verna B. Watson, April 21, 1920 - June 20, 2003)
"Our Savior Jesus Christ... has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel." (2 Tim. 1:10)

        You probably thought that "homecoming date" would be a romantic post about a high school dance. Don't be disappointed; life with Jesus is a remarkable romance when we believe Him and follow His lead.         
        Recently, three events caused me to contemplate life and death: the birth of our new grandbaby, the anniversaries of my parents' homegoings, and an important decision about cancer treatment. I found myself at a crossroads of faith: do I really believe the Word of God more than the wisdom of man enough to walk in it?
       After some long, deep soul searching: YES, Lord Jesus, I believe You. You are my life; and when earth's last dance is over, there will come a wondrous homecoming date with You.

        Do you truly, truly believe Jesus enough to walk with Him?

"[Lord], You will show me the path of life, in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore!" (Psalm 16:11)

"For this God is our God for ever and ever. He will be our guide even to the end." (Psalm 48:14)

"Jesus said, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word, He will never taste death." (John 8:51)
        
        

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP