The ROCK

>> Monday, August 18, 2014

L-R my brother, Mark, my mama, my Rebecca, my niece, Virginia
late 1990s

I love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my
             Rock 
and my Fortress and my Deliver, My God, my
             Rock, 
in whom I take refuge. I call on the name of the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies." 
(Psalm 18:1-3)




            On a family hike in the Cumberland Gap several years ago, my mother asked someone to hold her camera. She must be getting tired, we thought. But oh no, she wanted free hands to climb over a fence and scale a tall, ROCK with her granddaughters!

               Across these 21 days of prayer, I've been "chewing" on Psalm 18 where King David sang praises the Lord, his ROCK, i.e. stronghold, unfailing strength as a fortress refuge, unshakable. 

O Christian, no matter what you are facing today, know that King Jesus is the ROCK which cannot be shaken. Find refuge in Him!

"Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; for our God is a consuming fire!" (Heb. 12:28-29)


Join LIVE worship and prayer services online at:

www.churchofthehighlands.com

Monday-Friday - 6:00 a.m. DCST
Saturdays - 9:00 a.m. DCST
Sundays - 8:00, 9:30, 11:30 a.m. or 6:00 p.m. DCST
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoot Owl Hollow

by Jill Glassco

illustrated by Ben Glassco

on sale now

www.deepseapublishing.com

$8.89

(click online store)

(next click buy book)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP