Lovin' That Man

>> Thursday, September 10, 2015

My Phillip and me
Junior Prom 1973



"and I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me always, for their own good and for the good of their children after them." (Jer. 32:39)



As of 3:00 p.m. today, I've been married to superman for 38 wonderfully blessed years. Thank you, Lord Jesus! Oh, how I love that man!

Thank you, my love, for...

  • commuting 60 miles to and from work our first year of marriage while I finished graduate school.
  • coming along side me as summer youth ministers at FBC Bogalusa in 1980.
  • strongly urging me to set aside a speech pathology career in 1981 for an at-home-mom position I held for 22 amazing years - one of the best decisions of our journey!
  • being the strong, wise dad of rambunctious, teenage sons.
  • being the protector and wise counselor over our beautiful, determined daughter.
  • making our empty nest a dance floor. 
  • continuously encouraging and supporting me in teaching Bible studies and writing storybooks.
  • your deep love and tender care during and after breast cancer treatment. (I'll never forget the look in your eyes the day of my diagnosis.)
  • years and years and years of self sacrifice and provision for our family.
  • loving only the Lord Jesus more than me.

I love you more today than yesterday, and my tomorrow love for you will surpass today's.



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP