Plant a Little Seed

>> Friday, September 11, 2015

Our Rebecca (center)
with orphans in India 2001



"Still other seeds fell on fertile soil, and they sprouted, grew, and produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, even a hundred times as much as had been planted...The farmer plants the seed by taking God's word to others...And the seed that fell on good soil represents those who hear and accept God's word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted." (Mark 4:8,14,20 NLT)



When my children were young, I repeated a little anecdote as I patted their backs:

Plant a little seed
Pat it in
And it started to thunder
And lightning
And the rain fell
Then the sun came out 
And dried up all the rain
Then there was thunder
And lightning
And the rain fell
Then the sun came out
And dried up all the rain
And the little seed
Grew
And grew
And grew
And grew
And grew
Feel the breeze
And a great big squeeze

This week, I received a heart-warming letter from a "little seed" planted years ago.

"Mrs. Jill, I am not sure if you remember me or not. You came into my life when I was in jail...I just wanted to say thank you for your kindness and to let you know how great I am doing. After I finished the program, I went home and got married to a great man that God brought into my life. I told him about a woman who helped me along the way...Thank you for everything. Sorry it took so long for me to say that."

Our gracious and merciful Lord Jesus is able to transform the tiniest of seeds into lovely, watered gardens. Today and tomorrow and tomorrow's morrow, let's plant a little seed and pat it in.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP