A Dry and Thirsty Land

>> Friday, November 18, 2016

My daddy and his mother (my grandmother)
WWII before he shipped overseas
Riverside, California 1944






"...my soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water." (Psalm 63:1)  



I can't help but wonder if there's a reason for the umpteen rainless days and drought in Alabama.

In Israel's parched days of the Old Testament, the Lord through the prophet Isaiah declared, "You refuse to ask for My help. You have not honored Me with sacrifices or brought Me fragrant calamus. Instead, you have burdened Me with your sins and wearied Me with your faults."

O Lord God, Maker of heaven and earth, we, too, as a nation have wearied and burdened You with our sins. Have mercy on us, O Lord. Please pour out water to quench our thirst and to irrigate our parched fields, and pour out Your Spirit on our dry and thirsty souls. May the United States of America openly profess once again, "We belong to the Lord." In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP