Popcorn

>> Thursday, November 24, 2016

The Winfred and Verna Watson (my parents) Family
Thanksgiving 1984




"Enter His gates with Thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the LORD is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations." (Psalm 100:4-5)



One Thanksgiving when I was a little girl, as my mother prepared Thanksgiving dinner for our family of five plus grandparents, aunts, uncle, and cousins, her "long-lost" cousins called to say they were dropping in for lunch. So Mother prepared two Thanksgiving meals that day. After the last dish was washed that night, she sat down by the fireplace, and I piped, "Mama, will you pop us some popcorn?"

As a child, I couldn't fathom the amount of work mothers do. As a child of God, I fail to give adequate thanks for the tremendous work God has and continues to do. So on this Thanksgiving day, I thank You Father for...


CREATION - "You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb." (Psalm 139:13)

SALVATION - "Jesus, You freed us from our sins by shedding Your blood for us." (Rev. 1:7)

REDEMPTION - "You redeemed us not with perishable things like silver or gold from our futile way of life but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ." (1 Peter 1:18-19)

SANCTIFICATION - "Therefore, in Christ, we are new creatures; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." (2 Cor. 5:17) and "You predestined us to become conformed to the image of Your Son. You justified; and these whom You justified,..." (Romans 8:29-30)

You will one day GLORIFY. (Rom. 8:30)

You are a masterpiece, beloved, hand crafted and beautifully made. Thank the Master today! And happy Thanksgiving-to-God Day!










0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP